Gippsland Lakes Community Health has zero tolerance towards child abuse and is committed to establishing and maintaining child inclusive, safe and child friendly environments.
We are committed to inclusive practice and welcome feedback on our services, in particular from Aboriginal, LGBTI and Disability communities.
We acknowledge our work in the community takes place on the traditional lands of the Gunaikurnai people of Gippsland. Gippsland Lakes Community Health respectfully recognises elders both past and present. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this website may contain images of deceased persons.
#NationalDiabetesWeek | Type 1 diabetes is more common than you think. Know the 4Ts of type 1 diabetes - Toilet, Thirst, Tired, Thinner. Check your risk at www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/itsabouttime and if you need to follow up any concerns, please contact our Diabetes Educator on 5155 8300 #NDW2018 #ItsAboutTime ... See MoreSee Less
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT... We're excited to offer you a FREE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PROGRAM in August 2018. The Life! Program will teach you how to reduce your risk of chronic disease by making small changes to your lifestyle.
The friendly group environment will support you every step of the way in achieving and maintaining your healthy lifestyle goals over a six session program, running every second Thursday from 9.00 -11.00am at GLCH in Lakes Entrance.
The first session will be a one on one appointment with the nurse facilitator at GLCH, and will go for around an hour, working with you to set some personal health goals.
The next four group sessions will be about 2 hours every second week. These sessions include interactive presentations with a diabetes educator, chronic condition nurse, dietician, mindfulness meditation facilitator and an exercise physiologist.
The last group session is held four months after the completion of the course and is a great opportunity to gain further support from the group in achieving your health goals. A fantastic drumming workshop will also help to boost your motivation!
Call Kate Hanckel NOW on 5155 8300.#LifeProgram #healthylifestyle #wellness#chronicdisease #communityhealth #lakesentrance#eastgippsland #yourhealthourcommitment#since1975 #Life! ... See MoreSee Less
- On 12 October 1975, Lakes Entrance Community Health Centre (LECHC) is officially open for business. We had a budget of $78,108; 10 staff; and we had 10,407 client contacts. In 2018 our budget is $25 miliion; over 400 staff; and our client contacts are somewhere north or 300,000 per year (Due to the numerous changes to client reporting systems over the past 40+ years, our contact total is an approximation)
- In 1976 - 77 full time medical services commence; two established homes in Heatherlea Grove are purchased - one for Physiotherapy and the to house the Day Care Unit for elderly and isolated people; and the Auxiliary Fundraising Committee is created.
- 1977 - 78 saw the introduction of two School Nurses, X-ray services, an optometrist and a creche for pre schoolers. Physiotherapy included yoga and meditation into its suite of services.
- In 1978 - 79 services are up by 43% compared to the last 12 months; dental services commenced in September 1978; and student and work experience placements begin. Piped music is installed in the waiting area and a colour TV is purchased for the ‘on-call’ nursing flat.
- The first set of organisation goals (18 in total) were drawn up in 1979 - 80 by committee and staff, including ‘promoting health care services that will encourage change in some aspects of the behavioural attitudes and responses of our user population, to health and to use health care’.
Come back next Wednesday when we explore head lice and adventures in veterinary science! #humpdayhistory #livingintheseventies #lakesentrance #yourhealthourcommitment #since1975 ... See MoreSee Less
WE’VE GOT TWO SPECIALIST ADMIN ROLES AVAILABLE! We are experiencing significant business growth and the Corporate Services team has the following new vacancies: - Administration Officer, Human Resources - Administration Officer, Marketing and Communications.
Is this the job for you or someone you know? Please visit glch.mercury.com.au/ to view the PD’s and share this post with your networks #jointeamGLCH #localemployerofchoice ... See MoreSee Less