Membership is free!
When you become a member you will:
- Receive regular information about our services, programs and events and a copy of our annual report
- Receive an invitation to the Annual General Meeting where there will be opportunities to provide feedback
- Be invited to participate in specific focus and advisory groups
There are four categories of membership:
- Voting Member (the general public)
- Corporate Member (business, organisation, etc)
- Associate Member (non-voting member, i.e. GLCH staff)
- Life Member (awarded to a Voting Member by the Board of Directors)
How can I become a member?
To join, simply complete and return a membership form. You can:
- Download a copy of our Membership Form
- Pick up a membership form at any of our sites: Bairnsdale, Bruthen, Lakes Entrance, Metung, Nowa Nowa
- Phone the Executive Assistant on 5155 8358 and arrange to have a membership form posted to you.
On receipt of your membership form, the GLCH Board of Directors will consider your application as soon as practicable (Board meetings are held 10 times per year)*. You will be advised of the outcome within 8 weeks your application.
*As specified in Clause 3.15 of the GLCH Constitution:
The Board must consider each application for Membership as soon as practicable after its receipt. The Board has discretion to admit or reject the application. The Board need not give reasons for its decision. Where the Board rejects an application to become a Voting Member, the Board may invite that applicant to become an Associate Member.