Volunteering offers many other rewards too. You can learn new skills and gain valuable experience in a wide range of areas. It’s also a great way to meet new people who share your interests.
At GLCH you can volunteer as much or as little time as you want, depending on your role. Once a week, once a fortnight, a month – whatever suits the individual.
Volunteers can contribute in the following areas:
- Delivering meals on wheels
- Transporting people to medical appointments
- Assisting a planned activity group
- Delivering a book as part of our home based library service
- Reading a book to someone
- Going for a walk with someone
- Helping with community arts projects
- Supportive Care (providing support to people who are receiving home based nursing)
- Simulated client activities (pretending to be a patient to help student learning)
How do I become a Volunteer?
With a new induction process, training and support, GLCH is one of the preferred places to volunteer in East Gippsland. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 5155 8332 or submit an online enquiry.