This may include:
- Your child’s growth and development
- Your child’s nutritional needs
- Parenting and family issues
- Any concerns you may have about your child
- Opportunities to meet other parents and access community groups
Consultations are recommended at the following key ages and stages:
- Home visit after hospital
- 2, 4 and 8 weeks
- 4, 8, 12 and 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 ½ years
An Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service provides services to families who require additional or specialist support.
New Parent’s Group – This group meets weekly for eight weeks and aims to provide first time parents with relevant information to assist with the healthy nurturing of their baby. This may include information about CPR, massage, and nutrition, and an opportunity to meet with other new mums.
For more information contact: Maternal and Child Health on 5155 8300. Please press ‘2’ for all other services.
24-hour Maternal and Child Health Line on 13 22 29.