National Diabetes Week is an annual week to raise awareness of diabetes, its prevalence, seriousness and its complications. Did you know…
- Over 1.7 million Australians are living with diabetes and a further 280 develop diabetes every day.
- 2 million Australians are at high risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes puts you at greater risk of heart disease, kidney disease, amputation and blindness.
- Being overweight or obese puts you at greater risk of type 2 diabetes.
- 1 in 3 Australian adults will develop diabetes in their lifetime.