Cancer Support Nurse
The Cancer Support Nurse provides support to people with cancer and their families.
The service is free and the nurse is available to meet with you at GLCH or in your home. The nurse can:
- Help you navigate the service system
- Provide understanding, encouragement and emotional support
- Discuss self care options
- Provide links to medical services
- Provide a range of resources about cancer and related topics
- Provide one on one and group education
- Help you to overcome barriers to your preferred treatment options (eg transport, accommodation)
- Provide a supported introduction to the Lakes Entrance Cancer Support Group
Cancer Support Group
The Lakes Entrance Cancer Support Group puts you in touch with others living with cancer. The group meets monthly and provides:
- Informative guest speakers.
- Social interaction with others affected by cancer
- Loan access to latest literature and information including books, cassettes, videos and brochures.
For a range of information about cancer and support services, please visit the Cancer Council of Victoria website – http://www.cancervic.org.au/
For more information, please contact:
Our nurses will conduct a comprehensive assessment, generally in your home, and will work with you to meet your needs in the best way for you. The team can also conduct community group education sessions on a range of health related topics on request. NB GLCH delivers this service to residents of a catchment area roughly contained by the Tambo River to the west, the Bruthen-Buchan Road to the north and Hospital Creek to the east. If you live outside this area your care will be provided by another service provider.