Homelessness is more common than you may think, if you are currently homeless or know someone who is homeless. We can offer the following services:
- Help to access and/or maintain housing – including Public, Aboriginal & Community Housing.
- Assistance addressing issues that brought about homelessness
- Advocating on your behalf
- Providing crisis response to homelessness through the ‘Opening Doors’ program (Lakes Entrance only)
The group meets weekly and some sessions may include activities and a guest speaker.
For more information, please contact:
Assessment and Response
When you contact us about our social support and counselling services, or are referred to us, the first person you talk to is usually part of our assessment and response team. They will:
- take or confirm your contact details
- talk to you about, and assess, your needs
- give you information about our services and your rights and responsibilities as a client of GLCH
- organise an appointment for you or arrange for a service to contact you
- provide information and referral to services outside of GLCH as necessary
- provide assistance to meet any immediate need
For more information contact: 5155 8300