To improve access to our service providers, Gippsland Lakes Complete Health offers telehealth to clients as an alternative way to attend an appointment.
Requesting a telehealth appointment:
Telehealth appointments are only available to current Gippsland Lakes Complete Health clients.
When booking your next appointment, please ask the customer service representative if telehealth is an option, or you can ask your service provider if telehealth may be suitable at your next consultation.
If you have any concerns about telehealth, we encourage you to speak to a customer service representative who will follow up with your service provider on your behalf.
How telehealth works:
A telehealth appointment is just like any other appointment except you will be speaking to your service provider on a screen, rather than face-to-face.
Telehealth appointments are as private as face-to-face appointments, with both you and your service provider speaking in a private and secure virtual consultation room.
Attending a telehealth appointment:
If your service provider offers you a telehealth appointment:
- You will receive a notification confirming the time and date of your telehealth appointment
- Go to the GLCH website www.glch.org.au and click on the Green “Access Telehealth” button
- Before you appointment – Press the ‘Test Call‘ button to check whether your equipment (such as web-camera and speakers) and internet connection are working correctly. We recommend you complete this test well in advance of your actual appointment
- On the day of your appointment, approximately 10 minutes before your consultation time press the ‘Select you service Provider’ button . Select your service provider and continue through the prompts.
- Please wait for your service provider to join the call and start the consultation.
NOTE: We will do our best to see you as close to your appointment time as possible and appreciate your patience in this matter. Should you be waiting longer than 20 minutes, and you have not received a message to advise of any delays, please contact your service providers customer service staff on (03 51558300).
Tips for your telehealth Appointment:
- A quiet, private room is best. For your privacy, we recommend that you do not access telehealth in public areas (such as a cafe) or use unsecured wi-fi
- Make sure that you are well-lit, but avoid sitting directly beneath the light source if possible
- Always complete a test call to make sure your equipment works
- Have a pen and paper available in case you need to write anything down during your appointment.