We recommend that you complete a test call well in advance of the consultation. This test will check whether your internet connection is sufficient and your equipment is working correctly.
To use telehealth, you will need:
- a reliable internet connection (please complete a test call to check whether your internet speed is sufficient).
- web-camera, speakers and microphone (already built into laptops and mobile devices)
Depending on your device, please make sure you have an up to date version of either:
- Google Chrome web browser, if using a desktop/laptop (Windows or Mac OS) , or an Android tablet/smartphone
- Safari web browser, if you are using an Apple desktop or laptop (Mac OS), or iPad or iPhone.
- When you start the video call, you will be guided through a few steps to test your equipment. This will check whether your Internet connection is fast enough, your speakers and microphone are working correctly, and your camera is positioned correctly.
- Click ‘Allow’ if you see a message at the top of your page requesting access to use your camera.
- Video call can work on low internet speeds however they may affect the quality of the call.