Aged Care Dementia Clinical Nurse Consultant
This service aims to help people who have concerns regarding memory related issues for themselves or someone they care for, get specialised assessment and support.
The Aged Care Dementia Clinical Nurse Consultant works closely with GPs and other relevant service providers to:
- Investigate and assess possible causes of memory related issues
- Identify possible support or services that may be of benefit to the person with memory issues and their carer/family
- Facilitate referral to specialist services as required
- Consider the needs of both the person with memory issues and the carer /family
The nurse consultant will arrange a home visit, with carer or family members present as appropriate. They will listen to the person’s story and undertake an assessment to help determine what is going on and discuss possible management options.
On completion of the assessment, a report and recommendations are forwarded to the person’s GP.
All residents of East Gippsland
Self, carer or family member
GP or other healthcare workers
GLCH also have a range of social support programs for people living with dementia and their carers. To find out more about these programs, call our social support team on 5155 8300.
For more information, please contact:
Our nurses will conduct a comprehensive assessment, generally in your home, and will work with you to meet your needs in the best way for you. The team can also conduct community group education sessions on a range of health related topics on request. NB GLCH delivers this service to residents of a catchment area roughly contained by the Tambo River to the west, the Bruthen-Buchan Road to the north and Hospital Creek to the east. If you live outside this area your care will be provided by another service provider.
Please contact Home Based Nursing on 5155 8380
When you contact us about our allied health or aged services, or are referred to us, the first person you talk to is usually part of our ACH Service Access team. They will:
- take or confirm your contact details
- talk to you about your needs
- give you information about our services and your rights and responsibilities as a client of GLCH
- discuss eligibility and fees for the service, and
- organise an appointment for you or arrange for a service to contact you
For more information contact: 5155 8367