As of Friday 27 March, we have CLOSED the door at our Bairnsdale site and only clients with appointments will be allowed entry. People who need emergency assistance such as help with food, accommodation or financial assistance can call 5155 8300 for a phone appointment. If you need to see our Sexual Health Nurse in Bairnsdale, please phone 5168 9643.
In order to assist with strategies to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our most vulnerable clients, GLCH has ceased delivery of the below programs until further notice.
- All social support groups in Bairnsdale, Lakes Entrance and Nowa Nowa (this currently excludes The Lounge Group).
- Hydrotherapy programs
- All incursions and excursions for the Children’s Centre
- All gym programs will be ceasing. Clients will be supported to complete their programs at home. Rehabilitation will still run (for clients who are post-surgery or injury)
- WISE (Women, Inspired, Supported, Empowered)
- New Parents group
- Bumps to Bubs
- Swimming group
- Men’s Behaviour Change Program
- Tuning in groups
- Pizza and Parenting
- Volunteer Transport Service
- Volunteer meetings
- Complete Therapies in Lakes Entrance – entry closed indefinitely. Any clients with therapy appointments are to access via medical reception.
- We have started calling all of our domestic assistance clients to discuss their most pressing needs. These calls will screen for health concerns in the current pandemic. They will also assess whether domestic assistance services can be reduced so we can focus our resources on clients with high needs as there is a worldwide shortage of hand sanitiser, masks, gowns and gloves. Personal care needs will be prioritised. Shopping and meals will be managed with contactless deliveries to the front door.
- Our outreach sites in Bruthen, Nowa Nowa and Metung will be scaled back over the next week and entry will be by appointment only.
Where possible staff will be working via telephone and videoconferencing to minimise possible infection rates to help Victoria to flatten the curve. Your patience will help us to achieve this.
We will continue to work closely with the Department of Health and Human Services, the Victorian health sector, the Commonwealth Department of Health and the Victorian Chief Health Officer, to respond appropriately to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, call 5155 8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.