UPDATED 3 AUGUST 2020
In response to the Premier’s announcement yesterday that regional Victoria will be returning to Stage 3 restrictions on Thursday 6 August, GLCH will be making the following changes to service delivery to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community members and staff.
At the Lakes Entrance site, medical services will continue to operate, with a number of regular patients having their services delivered via telehealth. All people entering our buildings will be required to have your face covered (mouth and nose) at all times while onsite in-line with the advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer and the Premier’s Office. Please sanitise your hands upon entry and continue to observe the strict 1.5 metre physical distancing rule.
The door to Complete Therapies will remain closed, with most therapy appointments reverting back to Zoom or telehealth. If you have an appointment you will be met at the door before entry. As with the medical clinic you must have your face covered.
Social Support Groups in Lakes Entrance and Bairnsdale will be temporarily suspended. Our team will look at alternative ways to support these clients so they remain connected. In-home client support such as domestic assistance, personal care and respite in Lakes Entrance, Bairnsdale and surrounding areas will continue with the necessary health and safety precautions in place. Assisted shopping will be suspended while Stage 3 restrictions are in place.
In Bairnsdale, the front door will be closed. Most appointments will revert back to phone or Zoom. Only clients who have face-to-face appointments or have other contact arrangements will be allowed entry. People who need emergency assistance such as help with food, accommodation or financial assistance can call 5155 8300 (press option ‘6’) for a phone assessment.
Our outreach sites in Bruthen, Nowa Nowa and Metung will be scaled back again, with entry by appointment only.
Be kind to one and other and stay well.
UPDATED 4 JUNE 2020
GOOD NEWS! We will be opening our Bairnsdale site to clients and consumers on Tuesday 9 June. Clients can now attend pre-booked face-to-face appointments and pay their accounts.
Maintaining the health and wellbeing of staff and clients is our number one priority. Rest assured that onsite, we’re taking all the necessary precautions and measures to keep you safe. This includes seating spaced according to distancing restrictions; stringent sterilisation and cleaning procedures; and sanitisation processes upon arrival, to name a few. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on 5155 8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In Lakes Entrance:
• Medical services are available for current patients in person or via telehealth. If you are due for a check-up including men’s and women’s health, skin checks, diabetes care, heart checks, medications, mental health plans etc. call 5155 8300 for an appointment.
• All Allied Health service are operating, with face-to-face services now being offered to people who fall into a high risk category. Telehealth and mobile therapy options are also available, and you don’t need a doctors referral to access these services. Contact the Complete Therapies team on 5155 8370 for bookings and enquiries.
• Some of our small social support groups have recommenced in Lakes Entrance. These groups provide people who have missed connecting socially with a great opportunity to catch up for a chat. Call Gill on 5155 8370 if you would like to find out more about our social support groups.
• No change to operating hours.
• GP appointments available Wednesday fortnight.
In Nowa Nowa:
• Currently closed on Tuesdays until further notice.
• GP appointments available Wednesdays.
• GP appointments available Wednesday afternoons.
Please keep an eye out for further updates as we slowly return to ‘business as usual’.
• All Allied Health services are operating, with face-to-face services now being offered to people who fall into a high-risk category. Telehealth and mobile therapy options are also available, and you don’t need a doctors referral to access these services. Contact the Complete Therapies team on 5155 8370 for bookings and enquiries
UPDATED 8 April 2020
As of Friday 27 March, we have CLOSED the door at our Bairnsdale site and only clients with appointments will be allowed entry. People who need emergency assistance such as help with food, accommodation or financial assistance can call 5155 8300 for a phone appointment.
In order to assist with strategies to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our most vulnerable clients, GLCH has ceased delivery of the below programs until further notice.
- All social support groups in Bairnsdale, Lakes Entrance and Nowa Nowa (this currently excludes The Lounge Group).
- Hydrotherapy programs
- All incursions and excursions for the Children’s Centre
- All gym programs will be ceasing. Clients will be supported to complete their programs at home. Rehabilitation will still run (for clients who are post-surgery or injury)
- WISE (Women, Inspired, Supported, Empowered)
- New Parents group
- Bumps to Bubs
- Swimming group
- Men’s Behaviour Change Program
- Tuning in groups
- Pizza and Parenting
- Volunteer Transport Service
- Volunteer meetings
- Complete Therapies in Lakes Entrance – entry closed indefinitely. Any clients with therapy appointments are to access via medical reception.
- The Lakes Entrance Medical Clinic and some nursing services continue to operate, primarily offering Telehealth appointments with attendance restricted to clients with prior arrangements or as advised. There is signage at the front door advising clients and visitors not to enter if they have any respiratory symptoms and to phone the GLCH Medical Clinic or the COVID-19 hotline for further advice.
- We have started calling all of our domestic assistance clients to discuss their most pressing needs. These calls will screen for health concerns in the current pandemic. They will also assess whether domestic assistance services can be reduced so we can focus our resources on clients with high needs as there is a worldwide shortage of hand sanitiser, masks, gowns and gloves. Personal care needs will be prioritised. Shopping and meals will be managed with contactless deliveries to the front door.
- Our outreach sites in Bruthen, Nowa Nowa and Metung will be scaled back over the next week and entry will be by appointment only.
Where possible staff will be working via telephone and videoconferencing to minimise possible infection rates to help Victoria to flatten the curve. Your patience will help us to achieve this.
We will continue to work closely with the Department of Health and Human Services, the Victorian health sector, the Commonwealth Department of Health and the Victorian Chief Health Officer, to respond appropriately to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, call 5155 8300 or email email@example.com.